Tuesday, February 18, 2014

introducing Zoriah


There are many questions that we ask ourselves throughout life.  When we’re children we ask ourselves “What am I?” The older we get the more complicated questions are. “Who am i?” or “Why am I here?” “What’s my purpose?” and “How will I get there?”
 My name is Zoriah, I’m 15 years old and I’m still stuck on the first question.  My birth parents are dead so I can’t ask them.  My adoptive parents are still trying to figure it out and the people around me don’t have a clue as to how I’m different, they just think I’m some pale chic with red eyes and white hair; but I am so much more.

I may not know exactly what I am but I can tell you that I’m sweet, fun (not that anyone would notice” and all though I prefer to be alone I always have my best friend Lilly.  She’s different and somewhat scary but she’s just angry because of the way people treat us. They push us away and look at us as if we’re freaks.  I don’t mind though. At least she’s not treated like a lab rat in her house.
 Anyways, back to me.  My parents, the Brooks, are geneticists. They refer to me as a perfect specimen.  My sisters, Rose and Taliah, are also adopted, but they say that I’m a freak and I should’ve stayed in the alley where my parents found me.  I still don’t know what they mean like that. I have absolutely no memory about my life before the Brooks took me in.  The kids at school say I’m awkward and that it seems I came out of a horror movie and Lilly says that I have the potential to kill them all…

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/#

No comments:

Post a Comment