Friday, March 7, 2014

an angel torn part 13


Icais was in his corridors trying to make sense of everything from Lillian and Peter to Zael and Red.  He had no problem on doing to Lillian what he had done to Solange; mind tricks were his specialty, and if a woman was foolish enough to fall for them, he believed that she was more than deserving of the fate that waited.  He began to look into Lillian’s life story; a 23 year old girl with a special interest in the supernatural.  She apparently enjoyed going out to the park and reading a mystery or two under the bridge during her free time.  She also worked at the local Starbucks and met Peter there because he was making frequent visits.

Once he had the info on his next victim, he decided to look into his partner in crime, Zael. ‘What could a demon of such high category want with a low-life like Peter?’ he asked himself. While trying to find an answer to his question, his gargoyle popped up and interrupted his train of thought.

-“What do you want? Can’t you see I’m working? He said, knowing that the gargoyle wouldn’t answer.  All of a sudden there was a call at the door. “Icais?”

Icais got up and headed to the entrance.  He couldn’t recognize the voice and wondered who it could be.  Once he opened, he was surprised to find Red standing at the door.  He hadn’t noticed that her eyes were a hypnotizing crimson color.  Her golden hair fell perfectly over her body.  He felt a pull towards her; desire ran through his body and in his mind were lustful thoughts that he had to force himself to ignore.

She stood there for about a minute until she opened her mouth. “May I come in?”

Instantly he reacted as if having heard an order from her father.  She entered with her wings following behind her as Icais stared and studied every single angle of her angelic body. Her blonde locks fell over her back with the tips that almost seemed like vivid fire, revealing only a bit of skin up to where her pearl colored tunic covered her lower body and fell graciously on the floor. On the patch of skin there was a symbol that he couldn’t make out.  He could almost say that it was starting to show itself at that moment; as if a hidden code was being revealed on her skin.  She turned to face him.

-“Is there something that catches your eye, Icais?” she asked, almost in a playful manner. 

Icais smiled. “You are your mother’s daughter.” was all that he replied.

-“I wouldn’t know. I never met my mother. But father says that I look just like her.  Dad says I have no trace of my ‘angel’ side, except for the feathers on my wings; which shed off every now and then to leave no doubt of what I really am.”

Icais couldn’t keep his eyes off her.  He absorbed every word that came from her mouth like a sponge.  Hypnotized by her beauty, he didn’t notice the feathers falling on the ground, or the symbols emerging from her skin. “Succubus…” was all that he could say.

-“Yes, succubus; all that I am will draw you to me” she said back.  They looked into each other’s eyes and she could see that she already had him. He was helpless.  He got closer to her and, as if to wake up from a trance, he shook his head and grabbed her by the neck, threw her against the wall and opened his wings.  He took flight and with all his strength, he held her against the wall that she had just been thrown against.  Red feathers filled the room; she had already shed and shown her true nature.

With anger in his voice he asked her what she was doing there. 

-“You’d never do anything your father sends you to! I saw you in the throne room.  You’re nothing but a pawn to him and, by far, the most obedient pawn he has.”

-“I owe Luke my life,” Red said. “He saved me when everyone else wanted me dead.”

There was silence in the room as Icais waited for Red to answer the original question.  He let her go, once he noticed that she was harmless and when she was released, she answered.

-“He sent me here to seduce you until I could breach your mind and heart.”

Icais chuckled in disbelief.  Red looked at him puzzled and somewhat offended by the smirk that had come from him. “What’s so funny?” she asked.

-“Honey, I have two things for tell you. First off, you’ll never accomplish that.  If mind games are my specialty, how do you pretend to enter mine? Secondly, even if you do enter my mind and “heart”, assuming I have one, there’s nothing to hide.  I wear my emotions on my sleeve and I always speak my mind.  If Luke wants to enter my mind, all he has to do is ask. He looked at Red as she analyzed what was being said to her. “What were you looking for anyway?” Icais asked the half-succubus.

-“Anything I can find that will make sense of an unchanged prophecy”.  Icais looked at her as if she had just shed some light upon some of the events that had taken place through the years.  Luke had sent him on some of the cruelest missions and after all of them he would ask the same question: “Do you have any remorse?” as if to find a change from his angel form to his, not so new, dark version of himself.

-“What does the prophecy say? And what’s it got to do with me?” Icais asked.

-“Well,” she answered, “I’m not sure it has anything to do with you.  You don’t seem to have a trace of angel in you and the prophecy remains unchanged.”

-“And how do you know it’s unchanged? I thought you had to be able to see at least a fraction of the future to be able to see something like that?” As he kept on asking questions, answers came with more questions.

-“That I get from Michael.” Red replied. Those words struck as a wake-up call for Icais.  He hadn’t heard that name in a very long time.  He was one of the direct sons of the Big Guy.

-“That’s who your father is?” he asked.  “I mean, don’t get me wrong, it doesn’t really shock me to hear that. He always had a different way of seeing things from the rest of the angels.”

Red looked at Icais, somewhat intrigued by what he was saying.  She hadn’t heard much about her father except for his abilities and that he has no knowledge of her. ‘Never make an attempt to see him,’ Luke had warned her, ‘Remember his father prefers you dead.’ Those words went through her mind like thunder between two clouds. She had just realized that Icais had a lot more information to provide that just an unchanged prophecy.

Icais looked at her, knowing what she was thinking. “I’ll do it.” Was all he said to the thoughts running through Red’s mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment